Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Puff Pastry Pizza

As I've mentioned before in a previous post years ago (Ha! yup. I said years cause I'm terrible about blogging) my family LOVES pizza. We're currently living in TLF (military lodging) for a few weeks while we wait to move into the house we will be renting for the next few years and boy do I miss my Kitchen Aid Mixer.  Every Friday night in our house is pizza night and I make my own dough from scratch. Its super easy to make and budget friendly. Since I'm missing my mixer I've been looking at different dough alternatives. Ive tried them all and nothing can compare to the taste of homemade dough. That's till I tried Puff Pastry. Its buttery, flaky, crispy and so pretty once its baked. I think I'm going to be making it a lot more this way. 

Here are the two pizza's I made


Prosciutto, Fig Preserves and Blue Cheese






Ingredients:
  • Frozen Puff Pastry (1/2 sheet) 
  • Jig Preserves
  • Deli Proscutto 
  • Blue Cheese


Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thaw the puff pastry (according to the package directions) unfold from paper and cut in half (you can get two pizzas out of 1 pastry sheet). Down the middle of the pastry spoon fig preserves, sprinkle just a little blue cheese and then top with a few strips of prosciutto. Bake for 20-25 mins then enjoy!




Pesto, Mozzarella and Tomato




Ingredients: 
  • Frozen Puff Pastry (1/2 sheet)
  • Pesto (Homemade is best but store bought will do)
  • Fresh Mozzarella 
  • Cherry Tomatoes 
  • Balsamic Vinegar (optional for drizzling at the end)


Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thaw the puff pastry (according to the package directions) unfold from paper and cut in half (you can get two pizzas out of 1 pastry sheet). Down the middle of the pastry spoon pesto then add mozzarella and sliced tomatoes. Bake for 20-25 mins. Once done sprinkle with fresh or dried basil and drizzle with Balsamic vinegar and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment