Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

Chicken Gyros with Cucumber Greek Yogurt Sauce

#madewithchobani


About at week ago I received an email from the social media team at Chobani Greek Yogurt! How cool is that?!?! I thought it was spam at first till I stated reading it and they are challenging everyone to create a healthy recipe that is #madewithchobani and share it on your social media! So if YOU have a good recipe to share please do and make sure to #madewithchobani. I'd love to see what others have come up with. 

It wasn't hard for me to come up with one because I cook with Greek yogurt all the time. Anytime a recipe calls for mayonnaise or sour cream I substitute it for Greek yogurt and never notice a difference in taste.

Try Chobani Greek Yogurt next time you’re having chili, tacos, desserts, or making a dip! For more fun and healthy recipe ideas visit their website here.


I'm all about the quick weeknight dinner meals and today for dinner I made Chicken Gyros with a cucumber Greek yogurt sauce. Now, I know this isn't the traditional way gyros are made, but my family loves these and it only takes me 15-20 minutes to put on the table from start to finish. How bout that for a quick weeknight meal?!




Cucumber Greek Yogurt Sauce

1 1/2 Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup chopped cucumber (peeled and seedless)
1 garlic clove minced (I love garlic so I used 2)
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 or 2 dashes Sriracha sauce (optional)
Salt, pepper and dill to taste

Combine all ingredients and store in fridge.






While the Yogurt sauce is in the fridge; grill or sauté a well-seasoned chicken breast (to your liking) and chop the tomatoes and cucumbers.

Once the chicken is done just assemble your gyros with pita bread, fresh veggies and top with the cucumber yogurt sauce. That's it! 




(Note: You can substitute chicken for pork or steak! And the more veggies you load in the better! I love making this for dinner and even my picky 2 year old eats her entire plate.)




Enjoy!
#madewithchobani

No comments:

Post a Comment